There are times when we find ourselves in a situation where you don’t have internet connectivity but are in the need to share our location with friends and family. There are several ways to share location, but most of them require internet connectivity.
With the introduction of RCS (Rich Communication Services), SMS has come a long way as it now supports several multimedia content sharing, including locations. As SMS service is expected to work without the need for internet connectivity, it also allows users to share their location without it.
The ability to share location on Android smartphone via SMS has always been one of the most overlooked features and in this article, we will tell you how to share your location via SMS with your friends and family.
1. Download Android Messages app from Google Play Store, if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
2. Fire up the app and allow all the necessary permissions. Also made sure to set it as smartphone’s default SMS app.
3. Now, tap the ‘Start Chat button
4. Enter phone number manually or choose from contact list
5. Now tap on ‘+’ icon from the chat window
6. Scroll down and look for ‘Maps’ option and tap on it
7. On the next window, tap on ‘Send this location’ to share